Conditions of web site use:
This page, together with the documents referred to on it, tells you the terms and conditions on which you may make use of our web site.
Information about us
www.cityskyline.co.uk is a site operated by City Skyline Limited ("Company" or "We"). Company is registered in England and Wales under company number 5283131 with its registered office at Chancery House, 30 St Johns RD, Woking, Surrey GU21 7SA.
Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service without notice (see below).
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons accessing the site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and that they comply with them.
Where you are provided with a user ID, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures you must treat such information as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party.
We licence and/or own copyrights in this site and in material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All our rights are reserved. © City Skyline Ltd.
You may print off one copy of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted. Our status (or that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on this site should always be acknowledged.
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed by any visitor to the site or anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our site changes regularly
We update our web site regularly and so may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we have the option to suspend the site or to close it indefinitely.
Information about you and your visits to our site
Uploading material to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site or to make contact with other users of the site you must comply with our content standards (please see below). You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and which does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. In particular, you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor should you establish a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to [email protected].
Links from our site
Our site contains links to various sites and other resources provided by third parties. These links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may suffered in connection with your use of them.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from or related to a visit to this web site. English Law will apply to these terms and conditions.
The City Skyline logo is a trademark of City Skyline Ltd.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site please contact [email protected]
City Skyline Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which your personal data will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated by us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act") the data controller is City Skyline Ltd of Global House, 1 Ashley Avenue, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5AD
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registration or at the time of posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by City Skyline Ltd, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- City Skyline Ltd may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:-
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches;
- to recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have provided you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our web site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service where you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if City Skyline Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will of course be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of City Skyline Ltd., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction
We may also use your data or permit selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
We do not disclose individual information to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We would comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience using the personal data we have collected from you and from others.
You have the right to request us not to disclose any of your personal data or information or to pass information to third parties. We will usually inform you before collecting your data, if we intend to disclose your information to any third party. You can also notify us by contacting us at Global House, 1 Ashley Avenue, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5AD or [email protected]
Access to information
The Act gives you various rights including the right to access information held about you. Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Our Liability and Disclaimer
Our liability in connection with any product or service purchased through our web site is strictly limited to the purchase price of such product or service. This does not exclude or limit in any way our liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or any other liability to the extent that it may not be excluded or limited as a matter of law.
We further accept no liability for any indirect or consequential loss or damage, or for any loss of data, profit, revenue or business, however caused, even if foreseeable.
These standards apply to any and all material ("contributions") which you contribute to our site or to any interactive features associated with it. This includes without limitation any contribution that you make to:
- Chat rooms
- Bulletin boards
- Other interactive features
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate where they state facts
- Be genuinely held where they state opinions
- Comply with applicable law in any country from which they are posted (In any event you should remember that our site is aimed at UK users only)
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any other person;
- Contain any material which is obscene or offensive;
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Be likely to disrupt our service in any way;
- Give the impression that they emanate from us where this is not the case;
- Advocate promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;